[Imc-newsroom] Sharing pieces

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 16 14:36:31 CDT 2001

Hey all,

As we continue to gather very interesting and important talks and speeches
and also produce really nice audio reports it seems to me to be
increasingly important that we share our work.

As it stands we can post mp3s and such to our server, but there is also a
really good long-standing project for indy producers to share their pieces
called the A-Infos Radio Project (http://www.radio4all.net).  They have
been around since 1996, when mp3 was not yet a household term, and have
gigs and gigs of really good material archived.  I would like to archive
some of our stuff there to make it available to the folks who use it but
who are unlikely to visit the u-c imc site (mostly because we're not in
their neck of the woods).  We can also link to their site as a resource.

For example, I'd like to share the Nader luncheon talk and some of the ftaa
teach-in.  Mostly, I just want to know if anyone thinks it's a good idea,
or if anyone has objections to it.

Thanks,

Paul