[Imc-newsroom] PLEAS HELP: Coverage of Equity Process by CARE-3

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Fri Aug 10 09:09:38 CDT 2001

I just spoke with Amira. The group, called CARE-3, will have a table at
the Champaign-Urbana Day at Douglas park from 10 to 5pm. They want to
gather testimony from people about their experiences with the lack of
equity in Champaign Schools. Amira will be there from 10 to 1; she thought
that the best time to video people would be 1-5. She wants to work with
someone on putting this testimonial video together with
national and local statistics, etc. into a documentary. She's also
interested in incorporating the African music she has been offering in
Chicago schools for years but has been thwarted in offering in
Champaign...

Brian, would you be willing to hand off your cameral to me to continue
videoing when you leave? If not, I can get audio.

Mark