[Imc-newsroom] illness hampering tomorrow's newshour

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Mon Dec 24 00:20:13 CST 2001

A flu/cold has interfered with my plans to produce a feature on my
trip to cuba.

I'm hoping to be better enough tomorrow to download and deliver democracy
now (which airs at 4, right before the newshour). I called the imc today
just before the regular news group meeting time and left message with Mike
W that I suggest as a plan B playing Free Speech Radio News from 5-5:30
and then the archived Quebec feature (which we sell cds of) 5:30 to 6. I
don't remember its duration exactly.

If the interviews that Eric did with various IMC reporters, which was
scheduled to be the feature next week, is avaialable, that might be a
preferable substitute, and then the cuba piece could be next week.

I'm hoping someone can take my place as airshifter tomorrow also. I'm
emailing Sharif (the weft sub coordinator) also.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.
thanks, and sorry about the late notice.

back to bed,
mark