[Imc-newsroom] meeting we should attend and report on:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 9 17:39:16 CST 2001

please add this to our sunday meeting agenda:

CAMPUS AREA TRANSPORTATION STUDY - PHASE II
PUBLIC WORKSHOP

Wednesday, February 28, 5- 9pm
Illinois Termical Bldg, 4th floor conference room #403
45 E. University, Champaign

The Campus Area Transportation Study - Phase II (CATS II) design engineers,
Clark Dietz, Inc.; the City of Champaign & Urbana Engineering & Planning
staff;
CUUATS; UIUC;  the MTD; and Campustown 2000 are hosting a workshop to obtain
public input and comments regarding the conceptual design of proposed
transportation improvements in the campustown area. They're requesting the
public's involvement to identify transportation management concerns, and
discuss possible strategies focusing on unresolved design issues from the
Phase
I Final Report. (A copy of that report is at www.uiuccats.org.)  Pizza and
soft
drinks will be provided.  For special dietary needs, please let them know.
Space is limited to 100 people, so confirm your invitation by calling
328-3313.

Tentative Meeting Topics:
         - Methodology Used to Validate Recommendations
         - Pedestrian/Transit/Bicycle Issues Rating System
         - Intersection Analyses
         - Circulation Analyses

For more information contact: Rita Black at CUUATS at 328-3313 or
rblack at ccrpc.org or Laurie Davis at the City of Champaign at 351-4466
laurie.davis at ci.champaign.il.us