[Imc-newsroom] call from Ind. Native News, Anchorage

bjmcdona bjmcdona at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 9 22:22:14 CST 2001

News Folk,

Len Anderson from Independent Native News, Anchorage is asking for a 1'15"
audio bit from the IMC by Monday concerning the United Methodist Wesley
Foundation's $10.000 donation to the Anti-Chief Illiniwek cause.  Ind. Native
News is a newly independent station split from National Native News
(www.nativevoice.org).  Is anyone up-to-date on this issue and want to cover
it?  It's a few days old in local papers, but we might consider having our own
coverage.

I would like to produce the piece; however, I probably wouldn't try it alone
in the next two days without someone more experienced lending a hand, voice or
mind to help.  I will call for interviews tomorrow (someone from Wesley
Foundation, Carol Spindel, and/or local Native Americans).   Please call
and/or e-mail if interested.  A whopping sum of $30 is the paid amount.

Brent McDonald
367-7167