[Imc-newsroom] LiP: The FCC's Low Power Trojan Horse

LiP Magazine / Kerr Publishing Co. info at lipmagazine.org
Thu Jan 18 21:23:15 CST 2001

New on the LiP Magazine website:

--------------------------
THE LPFM FIASCO:
The FCC's Low Power Trojan Horse
============================
The FCC's original low power radio proposal was hailed by some as a victory
for the micropower radio movement. Others saw it as a clear threat. A year
later, the proposal lies gutted, crackdowns continue, and free radio
activists are divided on where to go from here.
[ by Ron Sakolsky ]

http://www.lipmagazine.org
--------------------------------

**Note: The LiP website is STILL A WORK-IN-PROGRESS, but we wanted this
article to go up as soon as possible. Our traffic is light, obviously, so
we'd appreciate any links people can provide to this article (to
http://www.lipmagazine.org--we'll have this up as the main feature on the
home page for at least several weeks until we finish up, on February 1st).
Other links on the page are likely NOT to work, though a few articles from
past issues of LiP can be viewed from the "Features" tab at the top of the
page.

Brian Brasel
LiP Magazine, editor
Charles H. Kerr Publishing Co., office manager
773/465.7366