[Imc-newsroom] to anyone speaking at tomorrow's benefit show

Omar Ricks omarricks at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:52:38 CDT 2001

Hey, folks who want to be speakers at tomorrow's benefit:

1) Please show up no later than 9:30pm. Expect to stay until at least
10:30pm.

2) Come find me. I should be on or near the stage. I'll try to wear
something that stands out a little.

3) This will be unstructured. Please be prepared to just kind of come up and
say your name and give a little on-the-spot speech about how you got
involved with the IMC and what sorts of issues you are interested in. If you
have some current event that you are interested in talking about, by all
means do so. But don't get too long-winded; be forewarned that I WILL cut
people off in order to keep the show rolling. And you would too if you were
MCing.   ;)

The idea here is to draw not just money for the print group but also
interest in the IMC in general. Just be yourself and you will show people
that folks just like them can have a part in putting out this very
professional looking newspaper they see before them.

See you tomorrow!

Omar

I freed hundreds of slaves
and could have freed hundreds more