[Imc-newsroom] weft proposal

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Wed May 2 13:25:56 CDT 2001

Two news working group meetings ago, Danielle proposed that the IMC
propose to the WEFT programming committee that the CU-IMC be granted the
responsibility to fill the Friday Forum slot (Mondays 6-7pm) until the
Friday Forum starts up again in September.

Molly said she'd send a written proposal to Kimberlie Krannich, the
Outside Programming Liason of the WEFT Programming Committee. (I haven't
checked yet whether Kimberlie has received this yet)

Although the written proposal wasn't yet available, I brought up this
proposal at the last WEFT PC meeting, so the PC at least knows our
intention.

I wasn't able to attend the last news group meeting, but I left a note
asking that someone from the news group show up at the next PC
meeting (this thursday at 8pm) to represent our proposal, since I won't be
able to be there, and it would probably be good if there was an IMC member
who is not on the PC (i.e. someone besides me or Sehvilla) to represent
it.

Could you please let me know if you are willing to do this? The PC
meeting is this THursday, May 3, at WEFT (113 N. Market in Champaign)
8-10pm.

At the news group meeting in which we discussed this proposal, 7 people
at that time said they could commit to produce at least one show, and a
few said they would produce more than one. The PC will also likely
consider airing of a 5-program series of talks from Radcliff on Feminisms
in Science. The news group had discussed offering to include that series
in our proposal, or having it as a back-up.

Mark Enslin

ps
I have requested of the Kimberlie, independently of this IMC proposal, to
host the Friday Forum slot on May 14 with an IMC program focusing on the
history of the racial climate in Champaign Schools that I have been
working with Gina and Crystal on for several weeks. Has anyone proposed to
do something with May 7?