[Imc-newsroom] Seattle feature

jonathan lawson jl at u.washington.edu
Fri May 4 10:46:12 CDT 2001

Hi folks!

I'm writing from the Seattle IMC editorial collective to say that we admire
your feature-selection method... we are working to improve our own
feature-selecting procedures, and are in fact working on an online
interface allowing users to identify and recommend features to the ed.
collective.

Thanks also for your coverage of our little FBI situation--your feature is
probably the best among IMC sites. That said, I have a quibble.  The
statement to the effect that "Tuesday's Seattle Post-Intelligencer cleared
up the confusion;" from our point of view, the P-I article in fact added to
the confusion by drawing from the untrue rumor mill,  initially reporting
that the FBI had seized records, which was completely false (they later
corrected that mistake). The P-I article also repeated and
institutionalized the characterization "raid," which the Seattle IMC
specifically disclaimed.

That's all.
Thanks so much for your hard work.
in solidarity