[Imc-newsroom] Re: [Prairiegreens] Local Gay Rights Activists Arrested in Springfield

Milt Epstein mepstein at uiuc.edu
Thu May 10 17:12:36 CDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Laurel Prussing wrote:

> In 1999 the legislature passed bills expanding gambling, giving a
> tax break to the horseracing industry and giving monopolies to beer
> and soft drink distributors--all at the request of four wealthy
> campaign contributors.  Some of the liberals in the legislature
> supported this deal in exchange for getting a future law on gay
> rights.  What happened to this deal?

Also, I thought I heard something recently (on the radio?  WILL
maybe?) where a bill granting non-discrimination rights to
motorcyclists was closer to passing than the one for gays.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein at uiuc.edu