[Imc-newsroom] this monday's show

Pauline Bartolone paulinebartolone at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:36:38 CST 2001

Hi folks,

Sorry i missed yesterday's meeting, I was out of town, and my schedule is
out of wack with my new job.

My recollection is that I am responsible for this monday's (12/2)news hour.
( Is this correct?) So I have some ideas of some audio/ stories that we
could feature. PLease let me know if you want to either

1) record audio/ interviews for any of these events or
2) be responsible for producing a segment from audio someone else picked up.

Here are the 4 ideas I have so far:

1) GEO strike on WEdnesday and Thursday. I asked Meredith Kruse to record
the teach-in, rally and some interviews. I haven't heard back yet from her.

2)Buy nothing day last Friday. There are two funny, short clips on the  ad
busters website. It would be great if we could get some interviews with
people who organized an action or simply celebrated the spirit of buy
nothing day. Any suggestions? volunteers?

3)St. Louis week of resistence this week/ Monsanto 100 birthday.
I asked Sehvilla to record whatever she could while she is down there this
Thursday. I also asked a couple of St. louis people if they could get us
some reports and some audio somehow.

4)Tomorrow's action in Springfield regarding HB2277 (?), the anti-terrorism
legislation. I asked Kim Kranich if she could make recordings.

Thanks! Pauline