[Imc-newsroom] Use U-C IMC Site for Breaking News!

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 11 10:54:45 CDT 2001

Hey all,

The Global Indymedia server system is buckling under the strain this
morning in the wake of the plane crashes into the World Trade Towers and
the Pentagon this morning.  Our website is off this network, and so we can
provide a crucial link the indymedia world to news.  I'm trying to keep the
features updates with as accurate news as I can without jumping on the
"terrorist" and fear bandwagon.  If you hear or read news post it to the
newswire.

WEFT just jumped over to Pacifica which is also providing live coverage out
of NYC -- they have studios on Wall St.  Let's hope that they're are some
cooler heads at Pacifica than Resident Bush, who promised to "hunt down"
the responsible parties.

--Paul