[Imc-newsroom] Fwd: Decisions & Information

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 14 11:56:16 CDT 2001

In the spirit of full disclosure, I want you all to be privy to this e-mail
I sent to the WEFT Associates e-mail list moments ago regarding the PC's
decision to replace FSRN and Radio Nation with the Newshour.  I want to
emphasize something I say below--I don't object to the Newshour being
permanently placed in the schedule, and I don't necessarily object to where
it was placed.  But I do strongly object to the lack of sufficient
democratic process on the part of WEFT's Programming Committee.  Such
process has shown itself to be vitally necessary at WEFT over the years.

Again, I'm happy to see the Newshour placed in the WEFT schedule, and have
no wish to see it changed or removed.  But I think that the goodwill of
WEFTies risks being compromised if they feel like decisions have been made
without due consideration or notification.