[Imc-newsroom] About Website Features

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:34:31 CDT 2002

Just a reminder to everyone -- website features come directly from the
Newswire or items that I am asked specifically to feature.  That means that
if YOU write some news or commentary it has a high likelihood of being
featured, especially if it has some good local hook.

Features do not magically get written and appear.  If nobody writes
anything about an action or any other news, then nothing gets featured,
it's that simple.

So if you find yourself wondering "why don't we have a feature about
such-and-such?"  The answer is, "because you didn't write it."

Since I continue to be the default website features editor, if you want to
see something featured, please e-mail me and let me know.

If there's interest in there being more proactive web features updates
and/or interest in broadening the responsibility for the features, please
let me know and we can all get together and make it happen.  It's a shame
that our website -- that gets 1400 -2000 hits a day -- is so neglected by
local news-writers.

--Paul