[Imc-newsroom] meeting & ps

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Sun Aug 25 18:12:19 CDT 2002

there was a radio new meeting today with dan, danielle, a
new person named sam, sarah, clint, and me.

topics included having the radio news group doing our part to help imc in
economically thin times by making an official proposal to the weft
programming committee for a fee for the show (like the other news programs
on weft and in consideration of the time and expense that goes into the
imc radio news). danielle will make this proposal.

we assigned producers and topics for the next month or so.

for people on the list who want to help out somehow on a low-intensity
basis and without attending meetings, the suggestion is: write a headline
(100-150 words works best) and send it to the producer of the show or to
imc-newsroom at lists.cu.groogroo.com

another moderate-intensity contribution is to check out a minidisk
recorder and gather audio, either for a short piece (>5 minutes) or a
feature, and give the disk to the producer to edit, introduce, voice over
if necessary. recording an interesting talk is a help; going to an event a
doing a few brief interviews is a help.

even easier that these is to show up at weft before 5:30 on mondays and
help read the headlines. it's good for the show to have more voices
involved.

we discussed the necessity and timeliness of inviting new people to join
the radio news collective.

PS: I forgot mention in the meeting that we ought to have something about
Grrlfest for the sept 9 show...

mark enslin