[Imc-newsroom] re: misquote

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Aug 30 12:25:56 CDT 2002

Thanks for the clarification.  Because we utilize an open publishing
system, it is not possible to check the origins of all our stories.  We
rely on readers and concerned people to post clarifications to the
stories.  All stories posted to our newswire allow readers to post
comments about them (which are then added to the end of the stories).
Your contribution is an example of why an open publishing system is a
viable alternative to editorial fact-checking and I encourage you to post
your comments to the news-wire story.

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC