[Imc-newsroom] Reminder:LITBL meeting Tues at 7pm! Please come!

Pauline Bartolone paulinebartolone at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:03:53 CST 2002

This is just a reminder about the important Life in the Bike Lane general
meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, January 15th, at 7pm at the Independent Media
Center (218 West High Street, Downtown Urbana).

I will be leaving town in a month and a half, so we will be talking about
the future of Life in the bike Lane, organizational concerns, and creating
more sustainable roles and practices for the show. Then I will report back
to the WEFT PC committee.

If you are interested at all in being involved with Life in the Bike Lane,
don't know what it is about, want more information, but cannot attend the
meeting, please send me a note and I will get in contact with you.

The following are show ideas for future LITBL. All of them either have audio
already available, or audio easily accessible. * 's indicate programs that
are not time sensitive, and can be used for evergreens.

Let me know if you want to produce one....

*-Yurt (sustainable building) behind the school for designing a
>society
>*-Wetlands as a means to purify greywater
>-Peotone airport
>*-Bike Lanes on Green street
>*-Renewable energy in IL
>-Is the CATS plan really affective? Assessment of goals, etc
>*-Top 10 bike routes in C-U
>*-IL Fair Trade Camapign
>-Drilling in alaska
>*-War and oil
>*-Donald Crummey talk on Global Environmentalism
>-Cyanide use in metallic mining
>*-Food irradiation
>-The Smithfield Beef Monopoly

>Thanks!