[Imc-newsroom] This Way Out Promos For WEFT

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Fri Jul 19 21:35:09 CDT 2002

Hi, all.  I finally got some acts from Greg Gordon of This Way Out to put
together some really ripping promos that we could use throughout the day
on WEFT, but they need some assembly.  Here's what you'd need to do to put
them together:

The promos from such people as Ian McKellen, Kate Clinton and Clive Barker
are recorded from the DAT, normalized, and ready to go in a folder on
Sergei's M:  drive.  A voiceover needs to be recorded and appended to the
end to say when the show is on;  I've been using a line like, "Listen to
[show] during the WEFT Courier at [date and time] on your community radio
station, W-E-F-T, 90.1 on your FM dial."

There is a MD at the station that says "WEFT Public Affairs Programs", and
on it are promos for things like FSRN, Counterspin and Making Contact.
These finished promos would need to be read onto the minidisc from MoJo,
and the sign at the station would need to be updated.  There is a copy of
the sign on MoJo in My Documents/Michael/WEFT Public Affairs Promos.rtf

I was hoping to do more promos before I left for Waukegan, but it doesn't
look like that'll happen, since I can't use my car (my insurance would be
$200/mo!) and can't get here easily from Decatur.  I think it can only
help crossover listening to have promos for public affairs shows that air
during music slots, so I hope someone takes an hour to put these together.

Michael Feltes
mfeltes at ucimc.org

"You may share in the labours of the great, but you will not share in the
spoil."  -Aesop