[Imc-newsroom] Re: [Foa] Update?

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 24 18:18:06 CDT 2002

It's good to hear from you, Ahmed; if I recall correctly, this is your
first message to the list.  I am not in Champaign and won't ask you for an
interview myself, but it would be good to get your narrative of your
incarceration down on record.  If it could be arranged with someone from
the IMC, would you want to tell your story?

Also, it would be good to gather the Friends of Ahmed group in Champaign
on the 29th to hear from you and talk about what action we want to take
from here for other detainees.

I myself would be interested in researching and trying to find out exactly
how many people were swept up in the dragnet nationwide, something I could
do from here in Decatur and when I move to Waukegan in September.  One of
the things we had a hard time with while you were inside was finding
reliable figures on the scope of the detentions for the press and for
ourselves.

Michael Feltes
mfeltes at ucimc.org

"You may share in the labours of the great, but you will not share in the
spoil."  -Aesop