[Imc-newsroom] Fwd: field recording workshop?

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Jun 13 14:21:26 CDT 2002

This sounds incredibly useful; I'm going to attend.

				-Clint

----- Forwarded message from Mike Feldman <feldman at urbana.css.mot.com> -----

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:15:37 -0500
From: Mike Feldman <feldman at urbana.css.mot.com>
Subject: field recording workshop?
To: wefta at prairienet.org
Cc: Mark Rubel <pogostudio at shout.net>, David Adcock <adcockda at cmi.k12.il.us>

There have been a few folks interested in microphones for recording
in the field -- minidisc, DAT, laptop, cassette, whatever.  I've built
my own mics and used them and purchased mics to record a lot of music
in a variety of venues and occasionally speech and sound effects.

The outdoor recording season is upon us ... Taste of Champaign is weekend
after this, and the park discticts are running shows, so there's plenty
of opportunities to practice and try out differnt approaches.

I'd be willing to run a show-and-tell-and-listen session where I'd show
head-worn binaural mics, a dummy binaural head with mics, boundary or
"Pressure Zone"(tm) mics, Jecklin disk and various pro grade mics.

I'd also talk about powering mics, level setting and distortion problems,
and the all important positioning of mics outdoors and in various rooms.

If there's enough interest, I'd want to do this next week some evening
in the WEFT Great Hall ... is Wed open?  If not Tuesday or Thursday
if there's no conflict.

Reply to me directly (unless you've got an issue for all of WEFT-A) and
let me know what nights you'd be interested and able to participate.
Plan to bring your rig and try things.

-- Mike Feldman <feldman at urbana.css.mot.com>

----- End forwarded message -----