[Imc-newsroom] Living Wage in Urbana Monday Night!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 29 17:33:14 CST 2002

Monday, April 1 will see the Urbana City Council voting to support a
Living Wage policy. The meeting starts at 7:30pm at the city building
and, if you'd like to speak, you signup on a yellow form and hand it to
the City Clerk.

You may also indicate on the form that you simply wish to have your
support for an issue noted publicly, if you'd just wish to do that and
not speak yourself. We are urging everyone that attends to fill out the
form to show their support, whether or not they wish to speak.

It should be noted that support is strong on the Urbana City Council for
the LW - they don't need to be persuaded. Keeping comments brief (you do
have 5 minutes, if you really need it) will move the meeting along to
what should be another victory for the LW.

I'll also take this opportunity to appreciate Esther Patt's patient and
helpful work on the Living Wage, as her fellow council member Ruth Wyman
noted at last week's meeting. Thanks, Esther!

Please forward this message widely and come out Monday!
Mike Lehman