[Imc-newsroom] Dead MD serial numbers

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun Nov 3 19:40:52 CST 2002

In case anyone knows of lurking warranties:

(1) Sharp MD-MT15, SN: 90933825
	- Will work fine, so long as you are holding continual
	  pressure on the lid, which is of course unfeasible, and
	  you lose everything you've recorded if you let the pressure
	  off.

(2) Sharp MD-SR60, SN: 00701629
	- Eats batteries at high rates, occasionally fails to write
	  TOC (losing everything, because it then shuts itself off),
	  and will drop audio out every few seconds.

(3) Sony MZ-R70, SN: 61468
	- Same disease as (1).

I have taken these our of circulation and labeled them; they are in
their bags on top of the filing cabinet.  DON'T USE THEM.  I think (3)
was out of circulation anyway, but I have labeled it just in case.

Also taken out of circulation and labeled is a Behringer XM2000 super
cardioid mic, as it snaps and crackles continuously of its own accord.

I believe we have two working minidisc recorders/players, but I can't
be sure, as things are in such disarray.  One is checked out to Dan
Chambers.  Danielle and I talked about getting emergency funding from
the steering committee to get a Sony MZ-B100 Pro from minidisco, which
would be a $390+shipping purchase.  We can talk Wednesday at 7:30
about more options.

			-Clint