[Imc-newsroom] IMC Newsroom meeting 10/20

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun Oct 20 14:30:30 CDT 2002

Attending: Mark, Clint, Kevin, Dan

Tommorow's show will be a live interview with Joe Rupp on the Thailand Dam
protests.  Dan will airshift and interview him.  Clint will read
headlines with Dan, and Kevin will coordinate headlines.  Clint will
also do a Columbus day protest headline with audio from the quad.

Next Saturday Clint will interview someone from the Palestinian Truth
group, and Dan is travelling to Bloomington to record Jello Biafra.
That will be fodder for next week's show.

The following week is the last show before the election, and we would
like to focus on the local candidates/issues.

Kevin is working on an evergreen show on increasing police brutality
at protests.  If you have experience with that, and would like to tell
Kevin you story, please email the newsroom.

Mark discussed various local stories that are on our radar, including
a planned but thwarted statue of MLK, school race issues, and the
fallout from the new superintendent in Champaign.  Clint mentioned the
possibility of doing a focus show on BOAST with Bobbi Trist.

The coordinator position is up and advertised; tell you friends, and
apply if you have an interest.

			-Clint