[Imc-newsroom] Corn Growers Remember Senator Wellstone (fwd)

peterm at shout.net peterm at shout.net
Tue Oct 29 19:03:17 CST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 02 18:03:52 Central Standard Time
From: American Corn Growers Association <newsletter at acga.org>
Subject: Corn Growers Remember Senator Wellstone

News From The American Corn Growers Association
For Immediate Release

Contact: Larry Mitchell (202) 835-0330
www.acga.org

Corn Growers Remember Senator Wellstone

Champion of Farm Families Will Be Dearly Missed

WASHINGTON - Oct. 29, 2002 - Keith Dittrich, president of the American Corn
Growers Association (ACGA) today paused to reflect on the life of the late
senator Paul Wellstone.  On behalf of the board and staff of the organization,
he expressed sorrow over the loss of the Senator, and his wife, daughter and
five staff members, and offered sympathy to their families and the people of
Minnesota.

"Paul Wellstone was a statesman in the truest sense," said Dittrich.  "Our
founding fathers would have been proud to know that such a man existed today
to protect the democracy they formed.  Family farmers, rural Americans,
working people and the nation as a whole, will miss him dearly.  We can remember
him best by looking forward, doing the right thing regardless of the personal
consequences and speaking out for the people in this world who are
disenfranchised and powerless.  We honor his legacy by seeking solutions that benefit
both family farmers and consumers and by striving to bring people together
instead of driving them apart with a wedge of financial power."

David Senter, a long time friend of the Senator and ACGA Director of
Legislative Affairs added, "Senator Paul Wellstone, the person stood taller than
most.  He never backed away from a fight for what he believed in and he brought
out the best in those around him.  He gave me courage to continue the
struggle for justice and the memories of my friend Paul Wellstone will cross my
mind often and will never fade."