[Imc-newsroom] help with mediageek democracy

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 2 21:36:23 CDT 2002

I'm looking for some extra sub and tech help for the mediageek radio
program airing on WEFT, Friday Sept. 13 at 5:30 PM.

I will be attending the Reclaim the Media conference taking place in
Seattle during that week.  I would like to actually produce the program
from the conference there in Seattle, and then have it played on WEFT on
Friday, Sept. 13.

What I need is someone who can download an mp3, burn it to CD (or record
it to Minidisc) and someone who can play that on air.  This can be one
person or two (one to download, one to airshift).

I think this is an exciting opportunity to do something new and
different at WEFT, in having a program produced "on location" from a
major media democracy event. But I need help to do it.

If you can help with any part of that, please respond to this e-mail ASAP.

Thanks,

Paul