[Imc-newsroom] [Fwd: [IMC-Audio] Need Global indymedia audio]

Paul Riismandel paul at mediageek.org
Wed Sep 4 15:13:11 CDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [IMC-Audio] Need Global indymedia audio
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:17:49 -0700
From: Cayce Callaway <cayce9 at hotmail.com>
To: imc-audio at lists.indymedia.org

We need your audio here in Los Angeles!  We're doing a Global Indymedia
show on KPFK (Los Angeles Pacifica station).  The show will consist of
audio from around the indymedia network on a variety of topics.  The
show is an hour long, so feel free to send even very short pieces.

The idea is to get the sound of indy radio - grassroots, personal,
non-slick accounts - to a broader audience.  The show and station are
non-profit, the hosts are volunteer.

We would be glad to play non-English pieces, but, given the audience, we
would need an English translation to read along with it.

Your IMC would be credited along with the producer if the info is provided.

The first show will air next Monday 9/9 and because of the date, they
want a 9/11 show.  We're looking across the network but would love to
have pieces from outside of the U.S.  If you know of a great
non-American perspective that's not in audio format we can also read
articles.

We look forward to hearing from everyone.

Best,
Cayce Callaway
Matt Olson