[Imc-newsroom] IMCfest 2003 UPDATE

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Aug 8 01:04:25 CDT 2003

Festival Update:

Hey folks, IMCfest is still on but it is seriously mutating.

We were unable to receive the support we hoped for from The Office and
the Urbana Business Alliance and expect that any support from
Strawberry Fields will not be sufficient to make the fest
happen. We've also heard rumors that the city is not likely to grant
us our permit. With a minimum budget of $2000 we really needed major
support from local businesses to make a street fest happen and it just
didn't happen. We are going to try to start very early on making this
happen next year.

So we're making alternate plans to move the fest possibly to the
Canopy Club. At least part of the fest (Video) will also probably be
at the Iron Post. We are going to finalize all the details on MONDAY
at 7pm. Representatives from ALL IMC working groups are invited to
attend this meeting so we can get a handle on exactly what the
logistics will be: what your groups are planning, what resources we'll
need, etc.

More details about exactly what and how we'll move to the Canopy will
be available at the meeting on Monday. We're still in negotiations on
that.

Please come to the IMC on Monday at 7pm to help us hammer out the
final details on IMCfest.