Coverage -- Re: [Imc-newsroom] cityview closed down?

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 6 12:07:47 CST 2003

I doubt there's significance -- probably more of a coincidence ( or
maybe a last-stab retort by the editor? ) .  My nose tells me that the
writing was on the wall before the issue came out, though if anyone on
the staff knew it would probably only be an editor or business manager.
  Though I can't track down the exact story, the head of Saga told Radio
& Records (an industry publication) a few weeks ago that it was a
"mistake" to get into publishing.

The last issue is pretty thin, overall, and the feature article is from
Alternet -- not written by Citview staff or anyone local, and it
contains nothing about the local media landscape.  In fact, I think
there were a few Alternet articles in that issue -- something that
hasn't been really seen since before Saga took over.

--Paul