[UCIMC-print] Re: Coverage -- Re: [Imc-newsroom] cityview closed down?

Darrin Drda d_drda at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:58:05 CST 2003

>The last issue is pretty thin, overall, and the feature article is from
>Alternet -- not written by Citview staff or anyone local, and it contains
>nothing about the local media landscape.  In fact, I think there were a few
>Alternet articles in that issue -- something that hasn't been really seen
>since before Saga took over.

Actually, for what it's worth, the Cityview ran Alternet stories pretty
often - at least one every issue.
Paul, would you be willing to write something about the local angle on media
consolidation (ie how it might affect CU) for the next Public i? We've
already discussed a media/literature theme for the next issue. We'd just
have to be careful about overlap with the Cityview/Saga article.
-Darrin