[Imc-newsroom] How do you guys do phone interviews?

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Sun Mar 16 13:39:01 CST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 01:16:20PM -0600, Zack Rosen wrote:
> Im doing a story for IMC - an was using 107.1 The Planets phone
> interviewing equipment, but now they are so booked this has become
> impossible.  A friend and I have tried rigging some things, but the
> sound quality has been really lousy. What equipment do you guys use?
> Would we be able to borrow it? Or how much would it cost to procure our
> own?

We use a quicktap, which feeds audio into our mixer.

	http://www.bswonline.com/prod_item.asp?item=QUICKTAP

It's $60, and provides pretty good quality audio.  More advanced
models will separate the incoming/outgoing signal into two chanells
and/or equalize the volume on each.

You're free to use the IMC interface to do the interview, if you can
do it when I'm around.  Let me know your timeframe and suggested
dates; I'm free most weekday mornings/afternoons.

Is this a piece for our radio show, or for the public i?

			-Clint