[Imc-newsroom] IMC Keys

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 11:09:26 CST 2003

Below you will find a list of current IMC keyholders. If your name is
not on the list, and you have a key, please let me know so that I can
add your name to this list.

If you have key, but do not need it, please consider returning it by
putting it in an envelope with your name on it, dropping it in the slot
in the safe, and we will get your $20 deposit back to you. We have
immediate needs for keys for those using the space.

You should _only_ have a key if:
1) You are a REGULAR IMC staffer.
2) You do IMC-related work where you need access to the IMC.
3) You are a member of an organization that regularly rents space at the
IMC, in which case your organization should have _no more_ than 2 keys.

This action is necessary due to a number of keys apparently being issued
without my being properly notified. I am willing to continue to maintain
the keylist, but only if everyone involved will cooperate in keeping
track of keys and who they are issued to.

If we get a good rate of reply to account for the missing keys, it would
be a good thing (as Martha Stewart says.)

If we don't hear from the mystery keyholders, I would _strongly_ suggest
that we make the investment (despite the fact that we hope to be in
another space by this time next year) in changing the lock and issuing
new keys udner a much more rigorous system of accountability, where I
retain possession of any unissued keys. I do not like volunteering for
positions of responsibility and then being unable to properly account
for that which I am responsible for. While a lock change will cost the
IMC money and be an inconvenience, it is necessary in order to fulfill
the need to secure IMC assets.

If we do have to change locks, I will further suggest that _only_ those
who are currently on the key list, and those who speak up now who are
not, be issued new keys. Having an IMC key is an important
responsibility and should be treated as such.

Here is the list of keyholders:

Alex Rodriguez
Amy     Gilgan
Brian   Hagy
Danielle  Chynoweth
Cope Cumpston
Darren  Drda
Mike    Lehman
Russ    Dietrich-Rybicki
Paul    Kaiser	any contact info? does he need the key?
Paul    Kotheimer
Paul    Riismandel
Peter   Miller
Sandra  Ahten
Sascha  Meinrath
Todd Rusk
Zach    Miller
Hui (Julie)     Urey sp?
Larry Keller
Sehvilla and Cindy Mann
Betsy Zajko	turned key into safe; we still are holding her deposit for now
Arun Bhalla
Belden Fields
Kevin Heinrich	the new Radio News guy (I think Russ gave him a key and
got the deposit, but he’s not on any of my lists- let me know if this is
incorrect)
Al Kagan
Molly
Dak Wasson (March 2003)