[Imc-newsroom] (no subject)

lori serb laserb at shout.net
Sun Feb 8 03:32:39 CST 2004

Hello everyone,

I talked with Attorney Harvey Welch today. He said media and
supporters and witnesses would not be allowed into the crowded
courtroom which will already be housing other city ordinance charged
people. The judge will just plow through each hearing and move onto
the next one keeping each hearing under 10 minutes.

At my hearing I will plead not guilty at which point the judge could
decide to throw the whole thing out of court or the judge will set a
date for the trail. If there is a trial, it will not happen for a
couple of months depending on how many other trials are ahead of it.
It is at the trial that witnesses will be called and supporters and
media would be helpful.

So the bottom line is: nobody should take time off from important
activities on Friday for the hearing. I will send out an e-mail to
the discuss list after Friday  letting everyone know what the next
step is.

Lori