[Imc-newsroom] broken mics or long-term loans?

Sarah Kanouse kanouse at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:54:03 CST 2004

hi all,

i apologize for the mass email.  desperate times call for desperate
measures.

my mfa thesis show is approaching quickly.  i need over 20 microphones
for the installation.  all but 5 of them don't need to work and won't
even have cables attached.  i don't want to have to buy new microphones
for a stage set.

does the imc have any broken microphones squirreled away in strange
places?

does the imc have any underutilized microphones (not clip-ons or area
mics) that could be loaned to me for one month plus?  in exchange, i
will make a donation of several of the microphones that i do purchase.

also, are there any semi-functional mic stands around that i could use?
  any stands that won't be missed for an extended period?  again, any
long-term loan will yield more than you loan me...

please let me know as soon as possible.  my deadlines are approaching,
and i am beginning to panic (well, more honestly, panic is well
underway).

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
in advance.

sarah kanouse