[Imc-newsroom] txtmob for ucimc

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Oct 28 18:18:04 CDT 2004

http://www.txtmob.com/

txtmob.com proved to be a very useful (free, open source, activist
driven) resource during the RNC for decentralized communication of
decentralized information among the huge crowd of IMC reporters at the
protest.

It is also being used for organizing nationwide response to stolen
elections on November 3rd. (the group to join is "NOV3")

I have, experimentally, created a public unmoderated group called
"ucimc". UCIMC reporters who are interested in getting dispatched to
cover breaking local news should sign their cell phone up and add it
to this group. Any member of the group can send a textmessage to
ucimc at txtmob.com and it'll get sent to the cell phones of all other
members of the group.

If there is any abuse of this service (perhaps by outside harrassers)
I will have to either make it moderated or discontinue it, but for now
I'd like to experiment with what happens with a completely unmoderated
public service.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - Vote for Greens for Champaign County Board!
  Zach Miller   - District 9 (Urbana)    - http://votezach.org