[Imc-newsroom] Power Phoning and Low-cost Media Planning

Community Media Workshop Community_Media_Workshop at mail.vresp.com
Mon Jan 24 11:15:18 CST 2005

Learn telephone techniques from news reporter and anchor Loree Vick, who
sold many a story and conducted countless telephone interviews for CBS and
Fox News.

There are spots open for Thursday's workshop. You can register at
http://www.newstips.org/register/index.php?section=Workshop&calendar_id=56.

Telephone Communications: STATIC FREE
In this fun and interactive workshop you will:
- Improve your telephone voice
- Find the pause that refreshes
- Visualize your customer and change your attitude
- Handle the rude customers or clients
- Power listen
- Wipe out weenie words
- Get a grip on grammar
- Smile, you're on a speaker-phone

Why come: Because it's not what you say but how you say it.  Phone
listeners judge you in the first 10 - 20 seconds and trust your tone of
voice far more than your actual words. You and I know how to talk on the
phone, but are we accomplishing all we could? News stories are pitched on
the phone. Many interviews are done on the phone. Discussions with funders
and supporters is often done on the phone.

Fee: $49

When: Noon - 2 p.m.

Where: Community Media Workshop, 623 S. Wabash, Suite 201, Chicago 60605

Please register now if you'd like to be included in Thursday's workshop. If
you'd prefer to pay by check or cash when you come, rather than credit card
online, please call Maude at 312-344-6400 about how to fill out your online
registration.

By the way...there is still room in the Workshop's premier course,
Professional Media Relations. You can find out more about this 5 Fridays
course and register at
http://www.newstips.org/register/index.php?section=Workshop&calendar_id=1.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message
with "Opt-Out" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: http://unsub.vresp.com/u.html?885047b565/5e18a400e0/fd8ed20

This message was sent by Community Media Workshop using
VerticalResponse's iBuilder (R)

Community Media Workshop
at Columbia College
600 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL  60605
USA

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html