[Imc-newsroom] OurPlanet... environmental newsletter

E - The Environmental Magazine newsletter1 at emagazine.com
Wed Jan 26 17:08:16 CST 2005

NEWS THIS WEEK
Critics Challenge White House "Clear Skies" Proposal
According to a recently released report by the National Academy of Sciences, implementation of the Bush administration's proposed "Clear Skies" initiative would actually weaken air quality standards for some large coal-fired utilities across the country, putting millions of Americans at greater risk from air pollution.
Reporting by Roddy Scheer
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2222

Tsunami Takes Huge Environmental Toll
According to environmentalists, the Indian Ocean tsunami that killed more than 200,000 people last December also wreaked havoc on the natural environment across all affected areas.
Reporting by Roddy Scheer
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2223

SPECIAL APPEAL
Four More Years?  We're Ready for the Challenge—But We Need Your Help.

http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2134

THIS WEEK'S COMMENTARY
>From the Right: Hot Air about Gas
Trust the chairman of the House Resources Committee, Richard Pombo, to seize upon consumer anxiety and twist it to his own anti-environmental ends. There are countless examples of this, but in the most recent incident he’s capitalizing shamelessly on the growing natural gas shortage.
By Jim Motavalli
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2225

GREEN LIVING
Changing the Climate
Investors Have the Power to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
As human-induced climate change makes its ominous presence known, investors are starting to size up corporations on the basis of their preparedness for associated risks and opportunities.
By Roddy Scheer
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2192

FEATURES
San Francisco Builds Green
San Francisco Bay-area municipal governments are working to grow sustainable communities, by passing green building ordinances, requiring energy-efficient designs, recycled content and a host of “green” strategies for public projects.
By Dana Abbott
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?2165

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
This content is brought to you as a free public service by E/The Environmental Magazine, which is published by Earth Action Network, Inc., a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.  Our address is 28 Knight Street, Norwalk, CT 06851.

We ask that you:

Subscribe to our magazine ($20/yr US): http://www.emagazine.com/subscriber_services.html

Order a Free Trial Issue: https://www.kable.com/pub/enmg/subTrial.asp

Make a tax deductible donation: https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?id=1805

To unsubscribe, copy and paste the following into the subject line of an
otherwise blank email addressed to: unsubscribe at emagazine.com:

UNSUBSCRIBE-000136NzM2MjMwNTEA

73623051