[Imc-newsroom] IMC coverage of CIW Truth Tour

baku at riseup.net baku at riseup.net
Mon Mar 6 11:22:29 CST 2006

hey IMCistas-

The Coalition of Immokalee Workers is launching their 2006 Truth Tour
mobilizing against McDonald?s.  During the 2005 Taco Bell Truth Tour,
the CIW won all three of their demands, including a raise and
negotiations rights, against fast food giant Taco Bell.  The CIW is now
demanded real rights from McDonald?s and the rest of the fast food
industry.  For more information please see
http://indymedia.us/en/topic/tacobelltruthtour/archive.shtml

The 2005 Truth Tour also saw a significant collaboration between over
15 IMCs across the country.  We produced some of the most comprehensive
coverage of such an event and increased the visibility of the
farmworker justice.  And many of you made that happen.  This year the
tour is coming to your town and we?d love your help.

I am asking ya?ll to help again this year.  At minimum, I?d love for
each IMC to feature the events taking place in their town.  We can also
use help covering those events.  And hopefully, I?d love for each IMC
to incorporate the issues of farmworker justice and solidarity in their
existing media projects.  If you?ve got a local radio show or a print
project, it would be amazing to see these issues addressed there.
Lastly, since we are on the road and in unfamiliar places if you have a
media making space that we could utilize to produce coverage that would
be amazing.

I hope ya?ll be willing to find time to participate in this project.
Please contact me if you can help or have any questions.  Thanks!

-baku lost
ATX IMC
baku at riseup.net
512.736.6852