[Imc-radio] looking for pitches

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Aug 21 11:10:46 CDT 2003

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:55:53 -0700
From: Phillip Babich <pbabich at radioproject.org>
To: Phillip Babich <pbabich at radioproject.org>
Subject: looking for pitches

Attn: NRP correspondents
Re: Call for Pitches on Program for Democracy Series

The National Radio Project is participating in the Public Radio
Collaboration which is highlighting a week of programming on public
radio stations called "Whose Democracy is It?"  The programming will air
November 3-9, 2003.  Here's a general description of the "Making
Contact" show the National Radio Project will produce for that week:

Democracy is about people feeling free to press government for their own
interests.  But, how effective is this notion of democracy when it comes
to the common good, issues such as housing, health care, welfare, public
lands, and public education?  This program will feature stories from
people about their involvement in civil society beyond voting.  These
stories will explore some of the under-reported examples of hopeful
community solutions.  Do Americans trust our system?  If not, what are
they doing about it?  What alternatives do they propose?  We'll seek out
some of the most innovative perspectives from everyday people.

We are looking for sound-rich features that tell a detailed story.   If
you have an idea, please follow the attached guidelines and email me a
two-paragraph query by Thursday, Aug. 28th.  The script deadline is
September 17th.  We hope to have the stories produced by September 19th.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

--Phillip Babich

--
Phillip Babich
pbabich at radioproject.org