[Imc-radio] CFCC GRANT

faith swords faith at ucimc.org
Fri Aug 29 14:53:06 CDT 2003

Hello all,

Firstly, I would like to thank Clint, Paul, Sascha and Dave for their
detailed and very helpful wish lists for the Community Foundation of
Champaign County grant.  We have put together a nice looking grant
requesting $5,000 of funding for MOST of the equipment y'all told us you
wanted.  A few of the items had price tags that didn't fit into the budget
so they were left out, but everything else was included.

The CFCC board will review all the applications they receive in September
and by the beginning of October, they will have selected the organizations
who made the first cut. Joan Dixon told me that for "newer organizations",
they tend to do a more extensive interview so they get a complete feel for
what the organization does and what they would be funding.  The board will
then make a final decision at their end-of-the-year board meeting in
November.

The cut off for turning in applications was today (friday) at noon and I
was there at around 11 AM.  I only saw around 10 applications on the table
in Joan Dixon's office, so I see absolutely no reason why we should not
get all the funding we've requested.

Good work everyone!

-- Faith