[Imc-radio] Re: [Imc] Headlines for Monday 2/16 IMCRN

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 16 22:00:09 CST 2003

"In Sarajevo, a city still scarred by Bosnia's civil war of 1992-to-1995,
around 500 protesters marched on the US embassy to mark their opposition
to the conflict" ("Weekend of Anti-war Rallies Start in Australia,"
<http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1429_W_779261,00.html>).

In the Bosnian city of Mostar, about a hundred Muslims and Croats united
for an anti-war protest -- the first such cross-community action in seven
years in a place where ethnic divisions here remain tense despite the 1995
Bosnian peace agreement.

"We want to say that war is evil and that we who survived one know that
better than anyone," said Majda Hadzic, 54.

In divided Cyprus, about 500 Greeks and Turks braved heavy rain for a
march which briefly blocked the end of a runway at a British air base.

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/02/15/international1020EST0482.DTL>