[Imc-radio] Radio News Meeting

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Thu Feb 27 12:40:12 CST 2003

The Radio News Group will again be meeting tonight at 6:30pm at the
IMC.  Here's what's on the table for Monday's show:

(a) Ondine G's interview with JP Austin,a community member and
organizer for Citizens for a Responsible Community.  This will be
recorded and produced tommorow, so I don't have a time estimate.

(b) Paul K and Valerie S.'s piece on Patch Adams.  This is being
produced today, and Valerie estimated 10 minutes.

(c) John Fettig's piece on the presentation "Seeing Iraq: Opening the
Door to Peace: a presentation by recent Iraqi represenative at the
World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil"   This will be produced
Sunday early evening.  No time estimate on this one yet.

We can also possibly run the piece Crystal Marshall produced on
student responses to slave narratives, which is for FSRN.  It is 4
minutes.

Upcoming stories include:

(a) Bijon's piece on the death penalty panel.

(b) Janet's piece on challengers for the upcoming local elections.

(c) A yet-to-be-assigned piece producing the audio from the Jesus
Osorio talk, recorded by Meridith.

(d) A yet-to-be-assigned piece producing the audio from the anti-war
panel at the IDF, which Danielle spoke at and recorded.

The meetings have been ill attended, which is fine with me, as long as
people are still producing news and enjoying themselkes.  I have no
problems coordinating virtually and one-on-one in this fashion.  I
will still be here for the meeting time, in case anyone wants to chat
on story ideas or schedule production assistance.

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820