[Imc-radio] Peace Walkout coverage

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Jan 28 20:22:56 CST 2003

For those with some crazy desire to produce news...

...the Student Peace Action "Alternative Education: Walkout in Protest
of War" event will take place tommorow, from 9am-8pm.  Mostly it is in
Lincoln Hall, with tons of great speakers.  There is also a rally on
the quad at noon (in the balmy above-zero temperatures), and an ISG
vote on an anti-war resolution at 7pm.  The full schedule is here:

	http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/peaceaction/

I would of course _love_ to have the entire event covered by an army
of IMCstas armed with MD recorders, but if I had to prioritize what
would be great to record, it would include:

	- The Rally at noon
	- Francis Boyle's talk at 3pm in room 110 Lincoln Hall
	- Belden's talk at 4pm in the same room.
	- The ISG vote at 7pm in the Illini Union Pine Lounge

I will be at the IMC from 9am to 4pm, with breaks, if anyone would
like to come by and pick up equipment.  If you'd like to coordinate
what you are doing with me, that would be swell.

Also, if we have _any_ audio by mid-day we can probably get FSRN
coverage, although they have said they will be swamped with post-State
of the Union reaction.

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820