[Imc-radio] Fwd: Historic Renewable Energy Referendum Approved by U of I BOT

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 2 15:08:36 CDT 2003

Is anyone interested in covering this?  It would make a great piece,
in any medium, I think.

				-Clint

----- Forwarded message from jwalling <jwalling at uiuc.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:33:19 -0500
From: "jwalling" <jwalling at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Historic Renewable Energy Referendum Approved by U of I BOT
To: <clint at ucimc.org>

Hi Clint,

Attached to this e-mail is a press release concerning a success had recently by an environmental group that I'm involved with, Students for Environmental Concerns.  Last Friday, the board of trustees at U of I approved a student supported referendum that would require each student to pay $2 a semester to fund renewable energy and energy efficiency purchases.  The funds will be allocated by students which means that the U of I will soon be the school that leads the state in renewable energy and energy efficiency.

So I was wondering if the IMC radio news or any programming from the IMC would like to cover this.  We think it's newsworthy (although not even the DI will cover it)

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!!!!!
-Jennifer Walling