[Imc-radio] Re: [Imc-info] NNELL

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Jun 20 11:59:19 CDT 2003

Hi Mary,

The role of the Independent Media Center is to provide a forum for news
and information that isn't being covered in the dominant press.  I think
there are multiple resources you might want to take advantage of.  We host
a news website (www.ucimc.org) that is visited by 2,000-5,000 people daily
-- anyone can post stories to this website (just click on the "publish"
link and fill out the simple webform).  Often, stories with a local
perspective will be featured in the center column of the website and I
encourage you to use our site to help disseminate information.

In addition, the IMC has active Print (which puts out our newspaper, The
Public i), Video (which has a biweekly show on public access TV), and
Radio (which produces a weekly news radio show) groups.  I've cc-ed each
of these groups above, and if you'd like to work in any of these media,
just let them know.

The IMC is an open venue -- which means that we count on interested
community members getting involved and reporting on the issues that they
are interested in.  Let me know if you have any questions and I very much
look forward to learning more about NNELL.

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC