[Imc-radio] Monday's show, and organization

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Sun Jun 29 17:21:09 CDT 2003

Hi all,

	Tomorrow's show consists of pieces from Ondine Gross and Paul
Kotheimer, hopefully with headlines coordinated from Kevin.  Either
Sam or I will produce.

	In the ongoing (sometimes) process of normalizing how the show
is produced so that anyone can do it, I've created a folder at:

	"E:\IMC Radio News Show Production"

on Rosa.  It contains a folder called "Re-usable Show Pieces" which
contains the spoken disclaimer and IMCRN theme.  It also contains a
sample script describing how to build up a show in our current format.

	Also in the "IMC Radio News Show Production" folder will be a
folder for each show, so there is currently one called "2003-06-29."
(Please use that date format when creating new shows; it makes
alphabetical sorting the same as chronological sorting."   Inside that
folder is the show's wav (named "2003-06-29.wav"), a text file with
the script, and the segments for the show.  So, for instance, Ondine's
piece is currently there, as is a script with a lead for her piece.
So Paul, you could drop your completed piece in that folder, and add
your lead to the script.   In general, we've had a bad habit of naming
files things like "final.wav" which can often become un-identifiable,
so we need to be descriptive when dropping files in these folders, to
help whomever is producing :)

	Ok, that's all for now.  It looks like a good show for
tomorrow!

			-Clint

--
Clint Popetz                   Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign             IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center   Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator   USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820