[Imc-radio] Next week's show

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Mar 18 10:45:06 CST 2003

Greetings all,

	Firstly, thanks to Sam, Ellen, Paul, and Kevin for their great
contributions to last week's show!

	In lieu of a meeting, which no one but me has attended in over
a month, here's a rundown of where we are for next week's show.  It
will have:

	(a) A piece by Ondine Gross on anti-semitism.  Approx running
time is 15 minutes.

	(b) A callback from Meridith at the Monsanto protest, produced
Monday afternoon, and possibly an in-studio interview with her group
when they return that evening.  That should be about 5-6 minutes total.

	(c) A segment from Jello Biafra's talk on Wednesday at
Foellenger.   Sam will gather audio and produce this.  I'm thinking we
could split this across two shows, with a 2-3 minute snippet this week
and a longer section next.

We also have, for future shows:

	(a) A piece on the anti-war movement in Spain, by Walter
Matherly.

	(b) David Blume's permaculture spot, produce by Jerry Bavido.

	(c) Janet's pieces on the local elections.

Finally, it looks grim for peace, and we may be covering
demonstrations and walkouts if/when Bush starts killing people.  The
above evergreens may be bumped for such coverage.  I've also been in
contact with Pauline at FSRN, and she would like us to be providing
regular headlines for pacifica's round-the-clock coverage of the war.
So I will people willing to attend these events and cover them, at odd
hours.  Please contact me if you are interested.

			-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820