[Imc-radio] mintes from 3.30.04

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Apr 1 10:03:41 CST 2004

Net has been down at the IMC - but is back up again.  That's why these are
late.  Carol, could you post at the IMC?

----
IMCRN minutes 3.30.04

attending: Sandra A., Ondine G., Danielle C.

Re-broadcasting opportunities:
Sidetrack
Chicago IMC - From the Trenches
ProgressiveRadio.org
radio.indymedia.org
radio4all.net
Community Radio in Carbondale

We should target the region - create more syndication in the area - Sandra
will follow up.
We want to upload the show in pieces for reuse as well as the whole hog.

Uploading problems:
Still haveing problems with the site timing out.

Post-production:
we need folks who will do post-production work including:
- making MP3 and posting

Soundforge tip of the day:
- To burn an audio CD from Soundforge - burn your pieces.  Then when you
are done, you have to go into the same burn command in soundforge and
"close" the CD.

Recruiting:
Training
Apprenticeships
Outreach to WEFT
Outreach to RFU
Invited pieces "new voices" or commentary
Centennial High School - through Ondine
Franklin Middle School - through Kim

We want Clint and Paul Kotheimer to come and this time doesn't work for
them so we want to find a new time.

How to get financing for a support person?

Upcoming shows:

Danielle will send Ondine a list of potential interviewees.

Pieces for air:
Ondine - April 12 - Cynthia Hoyle interview -
Soundforge training with Clint if he comes back in time or Danielle if
not.

Ariel - bike piece

Cloteria - on Boys and Girls Club Arts Program

New clinic is opening in town - funded and run by New Covenant Fellowship
(a church) with 3 doctors volunteering.

Light Rail is getting the teeth kicked out of its head with lots of
slanted news from the News Gazette.  I will ask Brandon.