[Imc-radio] IMCRN interview picked up by RTC

O G buffa99 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 22:24:23 CDT 2004

Looking Back, Looking Forward
Scenes from the anti-Chief rally; The road ahead

C-U residents, UI students, and Native Americans from Chicago and elsewhere
protest against the Chief

What's Happening

After a short hiatus, we're back. Today we look forward (below) to the near
and not-so-near future, and back (right column) to the March protest.

Two noteworthy events are on the immediate horizon regarding Chief
Illiniwek:

1.	Shadowing the Quad
Minority houses on campus plan an educational campaign, beginning with an
event on the University of Illinois Quad on Monday, April 12 from noon - 1
p.m. regarding the struggle for, and history behind, cultural houses on the
U.I. campus. More info? contact us.
Hi all,

I was asked and gave permission for my interview with Carol Spindel to be
"reprinted" on the Retire The Chief webpage, (www.retirethechief.org).  Here
is the description:

IMC Interviews Carol Spindel

On March 8, 2004, Ondine Gross of IMC Radio News interviewed Carol Spindel
-- Champaign/Urbana resident and author of Dancing at Halftime. They
discussed the controversy over American Indian mascots. To hear the
interview (19 minutes), select from the following formats: MP3 (4 MB, mono),
µlaw (9 MB). Added soon: QT (9 MB), MP3 (9 MB, stereo). Audio copyrighted
and reproduced with permission.

Ondine