[Imc-radio] radio update

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:42:02 CDT 2004

Hello all. So sorry for no minutes from last week. Dave, laura and I did
attend and plan and scheme...while I took notes and then a computer glitch
caused me to lose them.

Laura is moving ahead with Soundbite. It will conclude at the time of the
election. She has in mind a more expanded program to be produced then. She
will be working on defining the scope of that program. She needs to left
WEFT know that her drop ins will discontinue at that point. I suggested that
she make the pieces global (not local) so that they could be pitched
elsewhere (since the topics are global) and evergreen. then she could
propose them for the Friday forum slot on WEFT and have them done in
advance... and not be facing deadlines. She could also produce them to 20
minutes for inclusion on IMCRN.

This week (tonight 8/30) I will be doing a live interview with Jan Kruse
from the RNC on the radio news. Dave is making a radio piece about same sex
marriage that is in segments that will be able to be used in whole or part
in order accomodate a flexible time frame for the interview.

LAura knows someone who is abit of a geek who maybe able to help with
getting our shows archived and accessible on the web. He may be at the
meeting tomorrow.

Dave is doing a great job producing and getting the shows uploaded in a
timely manner.

What is happeing with the interviews with folks who went aborad this
summer?Dave, are you working with Lisa on this. I'll cc her on this email.

I got 2 floater keys for the radio group to use. Dave currently has mine...
and we need to get one to Laura.

Ellen has proposed a 10 minute piece that we should put in our schedule.
I'll recheck the details on that and include it in the minutes from
tomorrows meeting.

Hope to see some warm bodies at the RAdio meeting Tuesday noon.

Sandra