[Imc-radio] Where do we go from here?

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri Dec 3 12:21:40 CST 2004

I will be out of townb, but I recommend someone tape this for radio. -
danielle

---
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER  RIGHTS POST-ELECTION

On Wednesday December 8th at 8:00 PM in 213 Gregory Hall there will be a
panel discussion entitled:

Where do we go from Here? A discussion of LGBT rights following the 2004
Election and Ballot Initiatives.

 The 2004 election was a difficult one for the LGBT community as Gay marriage
was turned into an election year hot-button issue that was high on the radar
screen for both national and statewide elections. This Panel discussion,
moderated by Patricia Morey, Assistant Dean of Students, will provide a look
into the future for LGBT rights in the United States.

Panelists include:
* Janice Pea, Adjunct Professor, UIUC College of Law
* Steve Shoemaker, Executive Director, University YMCA
* Kimberlie Kranich, 85percent Coalition Co-founder
* T.P. Gallanis: Professor of Law and History, Washington and
Lee University

Sponsored by the Hillel Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, Kehilat Keshet,
UIUC Office of LGBT Concerns, PRIDE, The McKinley Foundation, University
YMCA, United Church of Christ Campus Ministry and SOLIS.

Thank you,

Michael Leff
Jewish Student Life Coordinator
Hillel Foundation at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
503 E. John St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Michael at uofi-hillel.org
www.uiuchillel.org